These festive little cookies come together quickly by using mixes. Dress them up with some chocolate and nuts, and you have a fun treat with the great taste combination of chocolate and pistachio!
Pistachio Kiss Pudding Cookies Print Recipe
Makes about 36 cookies
1 pouch (1 lb, 1.5 oz.) sugar cookie mix
1 box ( 3.4 oz.) pistachio instant pudding mix
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 large eggs
2 drops green food coloring (optional)
chopped nuts (I have used pistachio nuts and pecans. They're both delicious)
36 unwrapped chocolate kisses
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Pour a thin layer of nuts on a plate and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine cookie mix, pudding mix, and flour. Whisk to combine well. Set aside.
3. Whisk together cooled melted butter, eggs, and food coloring, if using. Pour butter mixture into dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
4. Roll 2 tablespoon-size balls of dough. Flatten slightly, and roll edges in nuts. Place on prepared cookie sheets and bake until cookies are just barely beginning to get any golden color, about 9 minutes. Place cookie sheet on a wire rack and immediately push a chocolate kiss into the middle of each cookie, pushing about halfway down.
5. Let cookies cool on cookie sheet for about 5 minutes, then remove cookies onto wire rack to cool completely. Store tightly covered.
Cook's notes: 1. The cookies are pretty without the added food coloring, they're just a very light shade of green. 2. The pistachios I used were roasted and salted. If you like a sweet/salty combination, you'll love it. If you don't care for sweet/salty, use pecans or walnuts.