Chicken Tortilla Soup2 (14.5 oz.) cans chicken broth
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15 oz.) can corn, drained
1 (15 oz.) can fire roasted diced tomatoes, do not drain
1 (12.5 oz.) can chicken breast, drained
1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilies
2 teaspoons taco seasoning, or to taste (homemade or commercial)
toppings of choice, such as tortilla strips, cheese, avocado, cilantro, etc.
1. Combine all ingredients in a 3 to 4 quart saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Cover and let simmer on low for five minutes.
3. Serve with choice of toppings. Refrigerate leftovers. This soup freezes well (freeze without toppings).
Print soup recipe
Bonus! Here's one more recipe using a canned food product. This one is incredibly easy, as well. Just two ingredients and you're done:
Rustic Cherry Tart
1 (9 inch) refrigerated pie crust, or homemade equivalent
1 (21 oz.) can of cherry pie filling
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Following directions on package, unroll pie crust onto lined cookie sheet. Pour canned pie filling on to crust, spreading evenly, and leaving a 2 inch border around the edges of the crust.
3. Fold the unfilled border inward over the filling, pleating and pressing gently as necessary to fit. Brush crust lightly with egg wash or milk and sprinkle with coarse sugar (this step is completely optional, but pretty).
4. Bake for about 60 to 70 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Place tart, still on cookie sheet, on wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes. Slide tart, still on parchment paper, onto rack to continue cooling. Serve warm or at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers.
Print tart recipe
~A unique grocery shopping experience that combines shoppers’ everyday grocery needs with the gourmet and specialty items they crave.