These cream cheese and fruit crescents would be perfect to serve at an Easter or Mother's Day brunch.
Creamy Fruit Brunch CrescentsIngredients:
- 1 can (8 count) crescent rolls
- fillings of choice, such as canned pie filling, cream cheese filling (below), apricot filling (below)
- 1 egg (for egg wash, optional)
- sparkling sugar (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. If using egg wash, lightly whisk egg with 2 teaspoons water in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Unroll crescents and place four on each lined cookie sheet. Spread about a teaspoon of cream cheese filling on each crescent. Spread about a teaspoon of fruit filling on each crescent, keeping most of it on the wider section.
3. Roll as for crescent rolls, ending with the small point of dough under the roll. Shape roll into rounded crescent shape. Brush lightly with egg wash and sprinkle with sparkling sugar, if desired. Bake until golden brown. Remove cookie sheet from oven and slide parchment holding rolls onto wire rack. Let cool. Refrigerate leftovers.
6 oz. dried apricots
3/4 cup orange juice
6 tablespoons sugar
1 and 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
Cream Cheese Filling
Mix all ingredients until smooth and well-combined. Refrigerate leftovers.