These little cakes are cute, fun, and most importantly, delicious. They are little bites of tender, pumpkin-y goodness...brushed with a caramel glaze so good, you'll want to eat it all by itself.
I made these in a Wilton's Whoopie Pie pan, but I wanted to do something a little different with them- I thought they were wonderful all on their own as tiny cakes.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray pan with non-stick spray.
2. In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. In large bowl, beat butter and sugars with electric mixer on medium speed until mixed very well, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with pumpkin and buttermilk, mixing thoroughly after each addition (starting and ending with the flour mixture).
4. Fill pan no more than about 2/3 full, spreading batter to edges of cavities.
5. Bake 7-9 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes; remove to cooling rack. While they cool, you can make the glaze.
Adapted from a Wilton's recipe.
Baked Pumpkin Cake Donuts: