Dark Chocolate Cherry Pecan Brownies
1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons dark baking cocoa
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 (3 oz.) pkg cream cheese, softened
1 and 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup dried cherries
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 13 X 9 pan with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder until well-combined. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat together the butter, cream cheese and sugar on medium high until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined.
4. On low, gradually beat flour mixture into butter mixture; beat 2 minutes. Fold in chocolate chips, nuts, and cherries. Spoon batter into pan, spreading evenly.
5. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until edges are somewhat firm and set, and the middle still seems a little soft (do not wait until brownies are pulling away from the sides of the pan, a popular "how to tell when brownies are done" indicator). Do not over-bake, or brownies will be dry.
6. Cool in pan on wire rack. Let cool completely before cutting. Store leftovers tightly covered, refrigerate if desired. If you can wait, these brownies are better the next day.
Dark Chocolate Cherry Pecan Brownies were shared at these fun parties!